What is an iProfile CV?
The iProfile CV is the dynamic career profile that is rapidly replacing the traditional CV. It’s a new tool that allows candidates to own, manage and maintain their CV from a single, secure online source.
Candidates have control over who has access to view their details.
Why has my personal information been put on the web?
Your personal information has not been put on the web. Your information is held in a safe and secure database. We have provided you with an online portal that will allow you to have access to, and be able to control and manage your information. It’s safer than a traditional CV.
It’s a little bit like Internet Banking for your CV. Only you can access it, and you control who can view it.
How will the iProfile benefit me?
The iProfile will provide the following benefits to candidates:
- It’s FREE
- Automatically convert your current CV into an online CV
- Excellent CV building guidance
- Make it easier for recruiters to match you to the right jobs, thereby putting you at the front of the job seeker queue – allows recruiters to come to you
- Any updates you make to your iProfile are instantly available, no more sending your updated CV out to multiple people, hence saving time
- Provides the ability to reinforce your key skill sets at any time and immediately make this information available to your connections
- You can download your structured CV in Word format at any time
- Store your data in a secure environment that reduces risk of identity fraud
- Allows you to have a closer and more dynamic working relationship with IT Matters
- Puts you in control of your information and who can access it
How do I use it?
You use the iProfile as a tool to capture and store your CV data and Job Seeking preferences. The information in your iProfile allows recruiters (such as IT Matters) to match you quickly against jobs that fit with your skills, experience, and preferences.
Keep it up to date as often as you can and be sure to record your achievements, as these are exactly what employers are looking for.
Does it comply with the Privacy Act?
Yes, absolutely! The points listed below explain how iProfile is compliant.
- All confidential / personal information is held for the purpose for which it is collected ( which is the finding of employment for the candidate);
- Your confidential / personal information is only disclosed for the purpose or where required by law;
- Candidates may access confidential / personal information on giving 2 business days written notice to the company; and
- IT Matters and iProfile take all reasonable steps to protect confidential / personal information from misuse, loss, or unauthorized disclosure ( including information stored online ).
How do I get into my account?
You have been provided with a username and password from iProfile (via email). If you still have those details, go to the iProfile website (http://au.iprofile.org) and use those details to log in. If you cannot remember your details, go to the iProfile website and click the “Forgotten your details?” link or call iProfile on 1300 CV PORTAL.
How often should I update it?
As often as you can. Don’t just update it when you are looking for work, update it whenever any of your details change, or if you acquire new skills and qualifications, or have made new achievements at work.
The more up to date it is, the easier it is for recruiters to match you to the right job!
How can I find out more?
Go to the iProfile website (http://au.iprofile.org) and watch their online video or read the material on the website.